The Mask Cartoon Face Effect Recreation

Sometimes I like to go on Youtube and search up some of the effects people have managed to create themselves using 3D and Adobe Programs. Sometimes for fun and sometimes just for inspiration for stuff I'd like to do when I can find the time to sit down and experiment with the programs. 

Recently I found a wonderful video recreating a great scene from one of my favorite movies: The Mask. 

The scene in question is the iconic scene paying homage to Tex Avery's Wolf character who, stunned by Red Hot Riding Hood, proceeds to have his jaw unhinge as it falls on the table and proceeds to let his tongue roll out. 

Using Blender and After Effects, this channel called Film Riot made a near perfect recreation of that iconic moment. Perfectly capturing the expression and cartoonyness of Industrial Light and Magic's expressive VFX.



The video goes into great detail as to how they crafted this recreation and, as someone who is fully deep into Blender, I'll admit it was hard to follow. Regardless, I was still fascinated by the process. 

It's amazing the talent on display here and how this was all done via Blender. 

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5tdhA9FuH8 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Opening Of Every Animated Movie (Exposition Song)

The Witness and Alberto Mieglo

AfroFuturism VS. Surrealism